The Doctoral School, University of Science and Technology of Hanoi calls applications for the Ph.D. training program under Project 89 in 2023.
|Specialty||Number of available positions|
|Information and Communication Technology||2|
Training duration and formation: The Ph.D. training program is a full-time program and will take place in France for 3 years from the date of MOET’s decision on sending the Ph.D. student abroad under Project 89.
To be eligible, a candidate must:
- Hold a Master degree in Science and Technology in a relevant field;
- Be less than 40 years old;
- Speak, read and write fluently in English (proficiency in French appreciated);
- Commit to work after graduation as a lecturer/researcher at USTH for at least 6 years;
- Experiences in research are an advantage.
Benefits and responsibilities of the selected Ph.D. students:
- Project 89 provides air tickets and monthly living allowances (defined by the Ministry of Education and Training, currently around 960 Euros/month);
- Visa, tuition fees, and medical insurance will be covered;
- The selected Ph.D. students will sign working contracts with USTH before going abroad under Project 89 and will be accepted as full-time lecturers of USTH after finishing the doctoral training program.
- to devote full time to Ph.D. study and research;
- to comply with the regulations of the training institution;
- to strictly adhere to the commitments required by USTH;
- to observe the requirements by the Ministry of Education and Training for this Program 89 (Circular No. 25/2021/TT-BGDĐT dated September 8th, 2021).
Applicants should be aware that they shall be kept responsible (and refund scholarships and training expenses) in the following situations: voluntarily dropping out of school; failing to complete the training program and/or not being granted a diploma; not returning to work at USTH upon completion of the training program in France; or unilaterally terminating their working contracts with USTH prior to term.
A complete application (in English) should include the following documents (incomplete dossiers will not be reviewed):
- Application form (with a 4x6cm portrait photo) (Annex 1);
- Updated CV;
- Motivation letter;
- Copies of university and master’s degrees, transcripts, and other certifications of expertise that have been notarized and translated into English (if they are not in English). If you received your bachelor’s or master’s degree from a university or college in another country, you must submit a Certificate of Graduation from the Quality Management Department of the Ministry of Education and Training;
- Proof of proficiency in English (at least B2 CERF and equivalent);
- List and copies of any documents showing research activities in the past 3 years (scientific publications, books, conferences, posters, etc…) (if any) (Annex 2);
- Two letters of recommendation from two scientists in the same discipline who hold the titles of Professor, Associate Professor, or Ph.D. (Annex 3).
Application dossier submission
Applicants are required to submit their application dossiers in both ways:
- Sending the scanned dossiers in PDF format or ZIP to: [email protected]. The Subject of the submission email should be as follows: “Program 89 ”;
- Write “Program 89 ” on the dossier package and send it by post to the following address:
UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY OF HANOI
Room 102, A21 Building
Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST)
18 Hoang Quoc Viet, Cau Giay, Hanoi
Tel: +84 24 3791 7748
Deadline for the submission: February 28th, 2023.
The complete announcement is here and the Vietnamese version is here.